The depersonalization of life...

Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, Forums, Blackberry’s, IPhones, all of these items have transformed the world into a community that is just a click away. The benefits of this are unlimited; we can access music and film in an instant, communicate with people on the other side of the world and find out information within minutes. Without a doubt, the internet has made our lives easier, many people can’t live without it and I count myself within this group, but of late, I have found something quite grating about the internet being invasive in every aspect of my life.

Life has become somewhat depersonalized, instead of calls people text, instead of texting people BB Pin and if it’s not that then it’s a Facebook message or a tweet. I feel as people, whilst we are communicating more there is very little that is personal about it, it is one of the reasons I recently deactivated my Facebook (along with the irritating and laughable snippets of people’s lives that I preferred not to know about).

Here is a brilliant video of what I think Facebook has done to relationships




I feel people need to reconnect with people on a more personal level, use facebook and twitter as tools to enhance friendships and network, but don't let it be the B all of your communication.

Because nowadays it does certainly seem that

"The more elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate."JOSEPH PRIESTLEY:

0 comments: