Unfinished part 2 -


Dear Ms Perfection..

I write this, not in the hope that I shall one day find you, or that you even exist. It’s more like a memoir to me, a reminder of all the ridiculous things that I hope I shall find in some angel slash goddess of a woman, when I am nowhere near a god of a man, I mean a few tweaks and I will almost be perfect, but even I have not achieved such a status, yet.

No, I write this because, I find it funny, no, hilarious that we all on the surface seek perfection in our partners, we could list what turns us on and what turns us off the opposite sex within a matter minutes. Females could rattle of lists of material things that they expect their men to provide them and Males could scrawl down physical attributes they desire in a woman, unless that is, you’re a pedant, much like me :) .

We do all these things, yet, by no means are any of us perfect, I mean there is the odd female the Sanaa Lathans, Shakira’s and Thandie Newton’s of the world, who ooze sexiness, intelligence, class and money.. (and females I am sure you have your own list), but these angels have been put earth to tease us and fool us into thinking there are divine individuals who roam the earth for each and every one of us. The media has manipulated our thoughts and movies have distorted our fantasies, led us to believe that perfection is as to achieve as a female bar-tender sleeping with Tiger Woods.


TBC...

2 comments:

Tara Jane said...

I do agree, to a certain extent, that films, magazines, songs and PR stories have manipulated some people into pining for the "perfect man/woman", which in reality doeskin exist. Perfection in humanity doesn't really exist, and so those that spend their lives seeking perfection in a partner, are likely to end up lonely and dissatisfied! People often say you should never settle for second best, and this is SOOO RIGHT! But some being number 1, doesn't mean they are perfect. I don't think alot of people realise that.

Mr Q said...

Your last point pretty much summarises what I think.
Perfection is over-rated anyway.